Cabinet approves 10 percent stake sale in Engineers India - minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Indian cabinet approved the sale of a 10 percent stake in state-run Engineers India Ltd (ENGI.NS), a government minister told reporters on Thursday, continuing a process of off-loading state assets to shore up strained government finances.
The minister declined to be named.
The government aims to raise 300 billion rupees from share sales in state-run companies in the fiscal year that ends in March. Thus far, it has managed to garner just under 25 percent of that target.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- UPDATE 2-Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks
- UPDATE 4-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as rising banks offset dip in miners
A scheduled Supreme Court hearing involving the Sahara conglomerate, whose chief has been in jail over the group's failure to comply with a ruling to repay billions of dollars to investors in outlawed bonds, will not be held on Tuesday. Full Article