Cabinet approves 10 percent stake sale in Engineers India - minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Indian cabinet approved the sale of a 10 percent stake in state-run Engineers India Ltd (ENGI.NS), a government minister told reporters on Thursday, continuing a process of off-loading state assets to shore up strained government finances.
The minister declined to be named.
The government aims to raise 300 billion rupees from share sales in state-run companies in the fiscal year that ends in March. Thus far, it has managed to garner just under 25 percent of that target.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article