Obama nominates Jack Lew to succeed Geithner at Treasury
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday nominated his chief of staff, Jack Lew, to become the next Treasury secretary and succeed Timothy Geithner.
"Jack has my complete trust," Obama said at a White House ceremony.
(Reporting By Jeff Mason and Steve Holland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags