Obama nominates Jack Lew to succeed Geithner at Treasury
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday nominated his chief of staff, Jack Lew, to become the next Treasury secretary and succeed Timothy Geithner.
"Jack has my complete trust," Obama said at a White House ceremony.
(Reporting By Jeff Mason and Steve Holland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 5-U.S. further delays final decision on Keystone XL pipeline
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video