Obama nominates Jack Lew to succeed Geithner at Treasury
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday nominated his chief of staff, Jack Lew, to become the next Treasury secretary and succeed Timothy Geithner.
"Jack has my complete trust," Obama said at a White House ceremony.
(Reporting By Jeff Mason and Steve Holland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Army base in Texas on lockdown after suspicious vehicle found
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Asia stocks jump as China, Europe step up stimulus
- Iran, powers eye extension of nuclear talks with deadline hours away
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs on Monday, tracking Asian peers which jumped on the prospect of further policy stimulus in China and Europe. Full Article