Obama nominates Jack Lew to succeed Geithner at Treasury
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday nominated his chief of staff, Jack Lew, to become the next Treasury secretary and succeed Timothy Geithner.
"Jack has my complete trust," Obama said at a White House ceremony.
(Reporting By Jeff Mason and Steve Holland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Teen stole part from wrecked Porsche in Paul Walker crash: police
- Elephant wanders around Rome for two hours after circus breakout
- Deadly ice storm in U.S. knocks out power, halts flights
- Chinese mourn Mandela; ask awkward questions about own dissidents
- Historic global trade deal on ice as Cuba holds out