Tata Motors enters 1 trillion rupee club as shares surge
Reuters Market Eye - Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) market cap crossed the 1 trillion rupees mark during trade on Thursday, joining what is now a 14-member club that also includes Reliance Industries(RELI.NS), ONGC and Tata Consultancy Services(TCS.NS).
Tata Motors shares have hit a record high this year after surging 4.7 percent as of Wednesday's close, adding to its 75 percent gain in 2012.
Signs of improving sales at its unlisted unit Jaguar Land Rover and the improving economic outlook in its key China market have bolstered the auto maker's shares, analysts said.
The 1 trillion rupees market cap includes differential voting rights and common shares.
Tata Motors shares ended up almsot 2 percent at 333.70 rupees.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Celebrity song to aid fight against Africa Ebola crisis tops UK charts
- Multi-national crew blasts off for space station
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article