Tata Motors enters 1 trillion rupee club as shares surge
Reuters Market Eye - Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) market cap crossed the 1 trillion rupees mark during trade on Thursday, joining what is now a 14-member club that also includes Reliance Industries(RELI.NS), ONGC and Tata Consultancy Services(TCS.NS).
Tata Motors shares have hit a record high this year after surging 4.7 percent as of Wednesday's close, adding to its 75 percent gain in 2012.
Signs of improving sales at its unlisted unit Jaguar Land Rover and the improving economic outlook in its key China market have bolstered the auto maker's shares, analysts said.
The 1 trillion rupees market cap includes differential voting rights and common shares.
Tata Motors shares ended up almsot 2 percent at 333.70 rupees.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State
- U.S. Fed's Fisher expects first rate hike in the spring - FBN
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article