Tata Motors enters 1 trillion rupee club as shares surge
Reuters Market Eye - Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) market cap crossed the 1 trillion rupees mark during trade on Thursday, joining what is now a 14-member club that also includes Reliance Industries(RELI.NS), ONGC and Tata Consultancy Services(TCS.NS).
Tata Motors shares have hit a record high this year after surging 4.7 percent as of Wednesday's close, adding to its 75 percent gain in 2012.
Signs of improving sales at its unlisted unit Jaguar Land Rover and the improving economic outlook in its key China market have bolstered the auto maker's shares, analysts said.
The 1 trillion rupees market cap includes differential voting rights and common shares.
Tata Motors shares ended up almsot 2 percent at 333.70 rupees.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.3 percent to an all-time high of 27,706.80. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.28 percent to a record of 8,275.15. Full Article