Tata Motors enters 1 trillion rupee club as shares surge
Reuters Market Eye - Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) market cap crossed the 1 trillion rupees mark during trade on Thursday, joining what is now a 14-member club that also includes Reliance Industries(RELI.NS), ONGC and Tata Consultancy Services(TCS.NS).
Tata Motors shares have hit a record high this year after surging 4.7 percent as of Wednesday's close, adding to its 75 percent gain in 2012.
Signs of improving sales at its unlisted unit Jaguar Land Rover and the improving economic outlook in its key China market have bolstered the auto maker's shares, analysts said.
The 1 trillion rupees market cap includes differential voting rights and common shares.
Tata Motors shares ended up almsot 2 percent at 333.70 rupees.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article