BNP raises Bharti Airtel to 'buy', cuts Reliance Comm
Reuters Market Eye - BNP Paribas upgraded Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) to "buy" from "hold", it said in a note on Thursday.
Bharti is well positioned to benefit from an improving outlook for the sector, including a consolidating industry, the return of pricing power, and an expected "strong" pick up in wireless data use, says BNP.
BNP also retains its "buy" rating on Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS), calling the stock its "top pick" in the sector as the company is a "pure play" GSM mobile operator.
However, BNP cut Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.NS) to "reduce" from "hold" after noting shares had rallied 33.5 percent in the past three months.
Reliance Communications would have to pay for excess spectrum while suffering from "high" debt and lagging operating performance, BNP adds.
Bharti Airtel shares are down 0.8 percent as of 11:50 a.m. Idea is up 0.1 percent, while Reliance Communications is flat.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy and Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article