Rupee lower; rumoured government-related buying
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is off highs, falls on rumoured buying by a large state-run bank on behalf of the government, say dealers. The pair is at 54.63/64, off 54.40 lows, versus its last close at 54.56/57.
Senior dealer says given the weak rupee fundamentals, importers are seen in a hurry to cover 1-3 months imports after seeing spot trade above 55.35 this week.
November factory data shows minor contraction in activity, also capping rupee gains. (To read full story, click here)
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article