Rupee lower; rumoured government-related buying
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is off highs, falls on rumoured buying by a large state-run bank on behalf of the government, say dealers. The pair is at 54.63/64, off 54.40 lows, versus its last close at 54.56/57.
Senior dealer says given the weak rupee fundamentals, importers are seen in a hurry to cover 1-3 months imports after seeing spot trade above 55.35 this week.
November factory data shows minor contraction in activity, also capping rupee gains. (To read full story, click here)
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
India's second-biggest private sector lender by assets on Tuesday reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly net profit, lagging estimates, due to higher tax expenses and provisioning for loan losses. Full Article | Quote
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article