Rupee lower; rumoured government-related buying
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is off highs, falls on rumoured buying by a large state-run bank on behalf of the government, say dealers. The pair is at 54.63/64, off 54.40 lows, versus its last close at 54.56/57.
Senior dealer says given the weak rupee fundamentals, importers are seen in a hurry to cover 1-3 months imports after seeing spot trade above 55.35 this week.
November factory data shows minor contraction in activity, also capping rupee gains. (To read full story, click here)
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- US STOCKS-Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article