Infosys market cap jumps by $4 billion, more than Fiji GDP
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Infosys(INFY.NS) closed up 16.8 percent on Friday after stellar third-quarter results and an unexpected rise in its fiscal year revenue estimate, adding $4.07 billion to its market capitalization, more than the GDP of Fiji.
Infosys' 16.8 percent jump almost single-handedly kept the Sensex in the black, with 26 of its 30 components closing lower, including index heavyweights Reliance Industries and tobacco major ITC.
Fiji's gross domestic product stood at $3.81 billion in 2011, according to the most recent data available from the World Bank.
(Reporting by Henry Foy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Leaders of Taiwan, China offer condolences for 48 dead in plane crash
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article