Infosys market cap jumps by $4 billion, more than Fiji GDP
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Infosys(INFY.NS) closed up 16.8 percent on Friday after stellar third-quarter results and an unexpected rise in its fiscal year revenue estimate, adding $4.07 billion to its market capitalization, more than the GDP of Fiji.
Infosys' 16.8 percent jump almost single-handedly kept the Sensex in the black, with 26 of its 30 components closing lower, including index heavyweights Reliance Industries and tobacco major ITC.
Fiji's gross domestic product stood at $3.81 billion in 2011, according to the most recent data available from the World Bank.
(Reporting by Henry Foy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
- UPDATE 4-Lululemon aims to move past gaffes with new CEO, chairman
- China-Brazil satellite launch fails, likely fell back to Earth
- UPDATE 2-U.S. budget deal reached amid conservative opposition
- Obama-Castro handshake - a sign of Mandela-like reconciliation?
When Franklin Templeton's India unit wanted to launch a mutual fund that would switch allocation among stocks, bonds, gold and money markets, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) baulked, deeming it too risky for domestic investors Full Article