CLSA cuts oil stocks, says fuel price rally overdone
Reuters Market Eye - CLSA downgrades Oil and Natural Gas Corp(ONGC.NS) to "underperform" from "outperform". The brokerage also cuts Indian Oil Corp (IOC.NS) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) to "sell" from "underperform".
CLSA says the rally in these state-owned stocks on the back of hopes for a hike in fuel prices is overdone, given any "sweeping" changes to pricing would be hard to implement in a "very busy" political calendar in 2013.
The brokerage adds Indian Oil and HPCL could see higher under-recoveries from a weaker rupee, while ONGC could see the government limit its subsidy burden in 2013.
Stocks later recorvered. IOC ended up 1.18 percent, HPCL gained 1.2 percent, while ONGC rose 4.41 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India's demands block $1 trillion WTO deal on customs rules
- India, U.S. stress strategic ties but tensions remain
- Panasonic confirms will invest in $5 billion Tesla battery plant
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
The World Trade Organization failed on Thursday to reach a deal to standardise customs rules, which would have been the first global trade reform in two decades but was blocked by India's demands for concessions on agricultural stockpiling. Full Article
India group ICVL to nearly triple coal output from mine bought from Rio Tinto. Full Article