CLSA cuts oil stocks, says fuel price rally overdone
Reuters Market Eye - CLSA downgrades Oil and Natural Gas Corp(ONGC.NS) to "underperform" from "outperform". The brokerage also cuts Indian Oil Corp (IOC.NS) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) to "sell" from "underperform".
CLSA says the rally in these state-owned stocks on the back of hopes for a hike in fuel prices is overdone, given any "sweeping" changes to pricing would be hard to implement in a "very busy" political calendar in 2013.
The brokerage adds Indian Oil and HPCL could see higher under-recoveries from a weaker rupee, while ONGC could see the government limit its subsidy burden in 2013.
Stocks later recorvered. IOC ended up 1.18 percent, HPCL gained 1.2 percent, while ONGC rose 4.41 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- UPDATE 1-HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read