CLSA cuts oil stocks, says fuel price rally overdone
Reuters Market Eye - CLSA downgrades Oil and Natural Gas Corp(ONGC.NS) to "underperform" from "outperform". The brokerage also cuts Indian Oil Corp (IOC.NS) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) to "sell" from "underperform".
CLSA says the rally in these state-owned stocks on the back of hopes for a hike in fuel prices is overdone, given any "sweeping" changes to pricing would be hard to implement in a "very busy" political calendar in 2013.
The brokerage adds Indian Oil and HPCL could see higher under-recoveries from a weaker rupee, while ONGC could see the government limit its subsidy burden in 2013.
Stocks later recorvered. IOC ended up 1.18 percent, HPCL gained 1.2 percent, while ONGC rose 4.41 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 mln
- PRECIOUS-Gold drops in volatile trade after Fed says to cut stimulus
- UPDATE 5-U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Devyani Khobragade
- UPDATE 2-SAC's Steinberg found guilty of insider trading
India announced retaliatory measures against the United States on Wednesday, including revising work conditions of Indians employed in U.S. consulates and a freeze on duty-free alcohol, in an escalating row over the arrest of a diplomat in New York. Full Article | Slideshow
Financial Tech ruled 'not fit' to run India's biggest commodities bourse. Full Article