Consumer price inflation at 10.56 percent in December
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 10.56 percent in December from the previous month, government data showed on Monday.
Analysts had expected retail prices to rise an annual 10.20 percent, above 9.90 percent in November.
India's retail inflation is the highest among the BRICS group of emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa.
Food prices for consumers rose 13.04 percent in December from 11.81 percent in November.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article