Consumer price inflation at 10.56 percent in December
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 10.56 percent in December from the previous month, government data showed on Monday.
Analysts had expected retail prices to rise an annual 10.20 percent, above 9.90 percent in November.
India's retail inflation is the highest among the BRICS group of emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa.
Food prices for consumers rose 13.04 percent in December from 11.81 percent in November.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Latest Obamacare legal knot won't be easy to untangle
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- UPDATE 1-Netanyahu asks Kerry to help resume U.S. flights to Israel
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article