India extends interest payment support scheme - RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Indian government has extended a 2 percent interest payment subsidy on rupee export credits to March 31, 2014 for certain employment-oriented sectors, the RBI said in a statement on Monday.
The scheme was supposed to end on March 31 this year.
Sectors including handicrafts, carpet manufacturing and handlooms will be able to benefit, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement. (Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video