India extends interest payment support scheme - RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Indian government has extended a 2 percent interest payment subsidy on rupee export credits to March 31, 2014 for certain employment-oriented sectors, the RBI said in a statement on Monday.
The scheme was supposed to end on March 31 this year.
Sectors including handicrafts, carpet manufacturing and handlooms will be able to benefit, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement. (Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe
Consumer inflation and industrial output data on Wednesday will likely offer little evidence of a respite from high inflation and weak economic growth before a general election that begins next month. Full Article