India extends interest payment support scheme - RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Indian government has extended a 2 percent interest payment subsidy on rupee export credits to March 31, 2014 for certain employment-oriented sectors, the RBI said in a statement on Monday.
The scheme was supposed to end on March 31 this year.
Sectors including handicrafts, carpet manufacturing and handlooms will be able to benefit, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement. (Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Celebrity song to aid fight against Africa Ebola crisis tops UK charts
- Multi-national crew blasts off for space station
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article