CLSA cuts oil stocks, says fuel price rally overdone
Reuters Market Eye - CLSA downgrades ONGC to "underperform" from "outperform". The brokerage also cuts IOC and HPCL to "sell" from "underperform".
CLSA says the rally in these state-owned stocks on the back of hopes for a hike in fuel prices is overdone, given any "sweeping" changes to pricing would be hard to implement in a "very busy" political calendar in 2013.
The brokerage adds Indian Oil and HPCL could see higher under-recoveries from a weaker rupee, while ONGC could see the government limit its subsidy burden in 2013.
IOC is down 0.3 percent, HPCL is down 0.6 percent, while ONGC is up 2.6 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article