Pfizer considers purchase of India's Agila Specialties - report
REUTERS - Pfizer Inc is considering buying India's Agila Specialties, the injectable-medicines unit of Indian drug supplier Strides Arcolab Ltd (STAR.NS), for a possible price of $2 billion, Bloomberg reported on Monday.
Pfizer is doing due diligence and a deal could be reached this quarter, Bloomberg reported, citing unnamed sources.
A Pfizer spokeswoman said the company does not comment on market rumours or speculation.
Agila makes cancer treatments and antibiotics, Bloomberg said.
Pfizer shares were up 23 cents at $26.75 on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting By Caroline Humer; editing by John Wallace)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India starts biggest day of voting with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- UPDATE 3-Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident
- HCL Tech March-quarter net up 59 percent, beats f'casts
- UPDATE 2-Leash on expenses helps AmEx counter muted user spending
India kicked off the biggest day of its mammoth general election on Thursday, with a quarter of its 815 million voters set to head to the polls during a week of fresh blows for the Congress party and gains for the Hindu nationalist opposition. Full Article | Full Coverage