Rupee extends gains post GAAR deferment; shares rise
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains to trade at 54.55/56 vs its previous close of 54.7550/7650 after the government defers implementation of controversial GAAR till April 2016.
The BSE Sensex extends gains to over 1 percent post the news.
Traders say good custodian bank flows are seen hurting the dollar.
They say 54.50 is likely to be the next immediate support which if broken can take the pair to 54.25 levels.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash
- Nigeria's purported Boko Haram leader says has "married off" girls - AFP
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- Group says piece of metal found on Pacific island is from Earhart's plane
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article