Rupee extends gains post GAAR deferment; shares rise
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains to trade at 54.55/56 vs its previous close of 54.7550/7650 after the government defers implementation of controversial GAAR till April 2016.
The BSE Sensex extends gains to over 1 percent post the news.
Traders say good custodian bank flows are seen hurting the dollar.
They say 54.50 is likely to be the next immediate support which if broken can take the pair to 54.25 levels.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article