Rupee extends gains post GAAR deferment; shares rise
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains to trade at 54.55/56 vs its previous close of 54.7550/7650 after the government defers implementation of controversial GAAR till April 2016.
The BSE Sensex extends gains to over 1 percent post the news.
Traders say good custodian bank flows are seen hurting the dollar.
They say 54.50 is likely to be the next immediate support which if broken can take the pair to 54.25 levels.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Column: Why work with Modi? It’s the economy, stupid
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article