Rupee extends gains post GAAR deferment; shares rise
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains to trade at 54.55/56 vs its previous close of 54.7550/7650 after the government defers implementation of controversial GAAR till April 2016.
The BSE Sensex extends gains to over 1 percent post the news.
Traders say good custodian bank flows are seen hurting the dollar.
They say 54.50 is likely to be the next immediate support which if broken can take the pair to 54.25 levels.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow