Rupee extends gains post GAAR deferment; shares rise
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains to trade at 54.55/56 vs its previous close of 54.7550/7650 after the government defers implementation of controversial GAAR till April 2016.
The BSE Sensex extends gains to over 1 percent post the news.
Traders say good custodian bank flows are seen hurting the dollar.
They say 54.50 is likely to be the next immediate support which if broken can take the pair to 54.25 levels.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article