Rupee extends gains post GAAR deferment; shares rise
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains to trade at 54.55/56 vs its previous close of 54.7550/7650 after the government defers implementation of controversial GAAR till April 2016.
The BSE Sensex extends gains to over 1 percent post the news.
Traders say good custodian bank flows are seen hurting the dollar.
They say 54.50 is likely to be the next immediate support which if broken can take the pair to 54.25 levels.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- Gold hovers near 2-1/2 month lows
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read