Telenor India unit to continue services in Mumbai
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Norwegian phone group Telenor's Indian unit said it may decide to bid for airwaves for the Mumbai zone in an auction due in March and will continue its services in the city after the Supreme Court allowed more time for revoked cellular permits to continue operations.
The unit, which operates under Uninor brand name, said it will continue to scale down operations in India's Kolkata and West Bengal zones as planned earlier.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article