Telenor India unit to continue services in Mumbai
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Norwegian phone group Telenor's Indian unit said it may decide to bid for airwaves for the Mumbai zone in an auction due in March and will continue its services in the city after the Supreme Court allowed more time for revoked cellular permits to continue operations.
The unit, which operates under Uninor brand name, said it will continue to scale down operations in India's Kolkata and West Bengal zones as planned earlier.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
- Gunmen said to chase investigators from MH17 crash site
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article