Indian companies park $2.57 billion overseas in Dec: RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Indian companies directly invested $2.57 billion overseas in December, higher than $2.31 billion a month earlier, data from the RBI showed on Tuesday.
Bank guarantees for such investments rose to $1.38 billion, from $1.37 billion in November, though equities fell to $676.30 million from $713.27 million.
Loans increased sharply to $517.98 million from $225.85 million, the data showed.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- UPDATE 1-HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read