Maruti to raise car prices by up to 20,000 rupees
REUTERS - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) will raise its car prices by up to 20,000 rupees, a company spokesman said, the second hike in four months as India's biggest car manufacturer grapples with rising costs and a weak rupee.
Many carmakers in India, including the local units of General Motors Co (GM.N) and Hyundai Motor Co, have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in Mumbai; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Negative euro overnight rates show cracks in banking system
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article