Maruti to raise car prices by up to 20,000 rupees
REUTERS - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) will raise its car prices by up to 20,000 rupees, a company spokesman said, the second hike in four months as India's biggest car manufacturer grapples with rising costs and a weak rupee.
Many carmakers in India, including the local units of General Motors Co (GM.N) and Hyundai Motor Co, have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in Mumbai; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- UPDATE 3-China steel futures hit record lows, spot iron plunges
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article