Maruti to raise car prices by up to 20,000 rupees
REUTERS - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) will raise its car prices by up to 20,000 rupees, a company spokesman said, the second hike in four months as India's biggest car manufacturer grapples with rising costs and a weak rupee.
Many carmakers in India, including the local units of General Motors Co (GM.N) and Hyundai Motor Co, have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in Mumbai; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article