REUTERS - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) will raise its car prices by up to 20,000 rupees, a company spokesman said, the second hike in four months as India's biggest car manufacturer grapples with rising costs and a weak rupee.
Many carmakers in India, including the local units of General Motors Co (GM.N) and Hyundai Motor Co, have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in Mumbai; Editing by Anand Basu)
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves