Maruti to raise car prices by up to 20,000 rupees
REUTERS - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) will raise its car prices by up to 20,000 rupees, a company spokesman said, the second hike in four months as India's biggest car manufacturer grapples with rising costs and a weak rupee.
Many carmakers in India, including the local units of General Motors Co (GM.N) and Hyundai Motor Co, have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in Mumbai; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article