India's Bharti, Idea shares surge on call tariff hike talk
MUMBAI Jan 15 (Reuters) - Shares in Bharti Airtel Ltd and Idea Cellular Ltd surged on Tuesday on speculation the Indian mobile carriers may raise voice call tariffs, several traders said.
Bharti shares were up 4.9 percent as of 0920 GMT. Idea shares were up 8 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Beyond earnings, buybacks to give market support
- Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes
- U.S. to issue new Ebola care guidelines, watch lists to shrink |
- China says it's hard to resume cyber security talks with U.S.
The BSE Sensex surges over 300 points and the Nifty gains more than 100 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article
Companies look for more fairness as China eyes legal reforms at key meeting. Full Article