Samsung Galaxy tablets do not infringe Apple design: Dutch court
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch court, citing previous decisions in British courts, has ruled that some Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) Galaxy tablets do not infringe an Apple (AAPL.O) design.
Wednesday's ruling by a district court in The Hague concerned the rounded corners of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, and Galaxy Tab 7.7.
"We continue to believe that Apple was not the first to design a tablet with a rectangular shape and rounded corners and that the origins of Apple's registered design features can be found in numerous examples," Samsung said in a statement.
Apple and Samsung, the world's top two smartphone makers, are locked in patent disputes in at least 10 countries as they vie to win customers for their latest gadgets in the lucrative mobile market.
(Reporting by Sara Webb)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies
A wildcat strike at an IBM factory in southern China illustrates how tectonic shifts under way in the country's labor market are emboldening workers to take matters into their own hands, raising risks for multinationals. Full Article