Samsung Galaxy tablets do not infringe Apple design: Dutch court
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch court, citing previous decisions in British courts, has ruled that some Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) Galaxy tablets do not infringe an Apple (AAPL.O) design.
Wednesday's ruling by a district court in The Hague concerned the rounded corners of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, and Galaxy Tab 7.7.
"We continue to believe that Apple was not the first to design a tablet with a rectangular shape and rounded corners and that the origins of Apple's registered design features can be found in numerous examples," Samsung said in a statement.
Apple and Samsung, the world's top two smartphone makers, are locked in patent disputes in at least 10 countries as they vie to win customers for their latest gadgets in the lucrative mobile market.
(Reporting by Sara Webb)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- UPDATE 1-J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website -media
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- Individual genetic differences may affect Ebola survival - study
- J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website - media
A passenger spaceship being developed by Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic company crashed during a test flight on Friday near the Mojave Air and Space Port in California, killing one pilot and seriously injuring the other, officials said. Full Article