Samsung Galaxy tablets do not infringe Apple design: Dutch court
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch court, citing previous decisions in British courts, has ruled that some Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) Galaxy tablets do not infringe an Apple (AAPL.O) design.
Wednesday's ruling by a district court in The Hague concerned the rounded corners of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, and Galaxy Tab 7.7.
"We continue to believe that Apple was not the first to design a tablet with a rectangular shape and rounded corners and that the origins of Apple's registered design features can be found in numerous examples," Samsung said in a statement.
Apple and Samsung, the world's top two smartphone makers, are locked in patent disputes in at least 10 countries as they vie to win customers for their latest gadgets in the lucrative mobile market.
(Reporting by Sara Webb)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- US STOCKS-Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
Apple Inc said it sold more than 10 million iPhones in the first weekend after its new models went on sale on Friday, underscoring strong demand for phones with larger displays. Full Article