Rupee to hit 50 by end-Dec; challenges remain - HSBC
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is likely to strengthen towards 53 per dollar by end-March and gain further towards 50 by end-December, HSBC says in a report.
However, the bank says the backdrop for the rupee will remain challenging due to the twin deficits and the government's difficulty in tackling them ahead of the state elections scheduled for this year.
The bank calls recent steps taken by the government "positive and constructive in addressing these deficits".
However, HSBC adds, the current account deficit is unlikely to narrow significantly unless government is able to control the widening trade deficit, particularly oil and gold imports.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
India's second-biggest private sector lender by assets on Tuesday reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly net profit, lagging estimates, due to higher tax expenses and provisioning for loan losses. Full Article | Quote
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article