Reliance Industries gains ahead of earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Industries(RELI.NS) ended up 1.7 percent, after rising as much as 2.8 percent in trade, as rival Essar Oil Ltd(ESRO.NS) said it swung to a net profit in the October-December quarter, with gross refining margins at a healthy $9.75 a barrel.
Dealers say Essar results point to potentially improving refining margins at Reliance when it posts results on Friday.
Reliance is expected to report its first profit increase after four quarters of declining profits, according to consensus of analyst estimates, Thomson Reuters Starmine data showed.
Reliance shares also gain after a Press Trust of India report carried in the Business Standard newspaper says recent recommendations from a government-appointed panel to look at gas pricing will be submitted to the cabinet for consideration, citing ministry sources.
Those recommendations are expected to lead to higher gas prices.
Reliance declined to comment on the matter.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article