Reliance Industries gains ahead of earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Industries(RELI.NS) ended up 1.7 percent, after rising as much as 2.8 percent in trade, as rival Essar Oil Ltd(ESRO.NS) said it swung to a net profit in the October-December quarter, with gross refining margins at a healthy $9.75 a barrel.
Dealers say Essar results point to potentially improving refining margins at Reliance when it posts results on Friday.
Reliance is expected to report its first profit increase after four quarters of declining profits, according to consensus of analyst estimates, Thomson Reuters Starmine data showed.
Reliance shares also gain after a Press Trust of India report carried in the Business Standard newspaper says recent recommendations from a government-appointed panel to look at gas pricing will be submitted to the cabinet for consideration, citing ministry sources.
Those recommendations are expected to lead to higher gas prices.
Reliance declined to comment on the matter.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article