Reliance Industries gains ahead of earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Industries(RELI.NS) ended up 1.7 percent, after rising as much as 2.8 percent in trade, as rival Essar Oil Ltd(ESRO.NS) said it swung to a net profit in the October-December quarter, with gross refining margins at a healthy $9.75 a barrel.
Dealers say Essar results point to potentially improving refining margins at Reliance when it posts results on Friday.
Reliance is expected to report its first profit increase after four quarters of declining profits, according to consensus of analyst estimates, Thomson Reuters Starmine data showed.
Reliance shares also gain after a Press Trust of India report carried in the Business Standard newspaper says recent recommendations from a government-appointed panel to look at gas pricing will be submitted to the cabinet for consideration, citing ministry sources.
Those recommendations are expected to lead to higher gas prices.
Reliance declined to comment on the matter.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article