Rupee extends losses; oil demand hurts
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee extends losses to 54.83/84 versus its previous close of 54.6150/6250 on the back of dollar demand from oil firms, along with some short-covering.
Weakness in regional and local shares also aiding sentiment for the dollar.
Dealers expect exporters to step in to sell the greenback around 54.90-95 levels, preventing a sharper rise beyond that.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags