Sensex falls; rate-sensitive stocks hit
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex falls around 0.3 percent. Interest rate-sensitive stocks fall, with Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS) down 2.3 percent and ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) down 0.9 percent, after the RBI chief was reported by media as saying inflation was "still quite high", denting hopes of a 50 basis points rate cut this month.
"It is a decline from the peak, but it is still quite high," Subbarao was quoted by Dow Jones Newswires as saying about the December data in an address to management students in the northern city of Lucknow on Tuesday.
Shares of software services exporters fall on profit-booking after stronger-than-expected earnings boosted the shares in recent sessions.
Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) fall 0.5 percent and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) is down 1.3 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TIMELINE-The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Malaysia air force denies tracking missing jet to Strait of Malacca
Budget airline SpiceJet has signed a deal with Boeing Co to buy 42 737 MAX jets in a deal worth $4.4 billion at list prices, the company said on Wednesday, sending its shares up more than 7 percent. Full Article | Quote