Sensex falls; rate-sensitive stocks hit
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex falls around 0.3 percent. Interest rate-sensitive stocks fall, with Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS) down 2.3 percent and ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) down 0.9 percent, after the RBI chief was reported by media as saying inflation was "still quite high", denting hopes of a 50 basis points rate cut this month.
"It is a decline from the peak, but it is still quite high," Subbarao was quoted by Dow Jones Newswires as saying about the December data in an address to management students in the northern city of Lucknow on Tuesday.
Shares of software services exporters fall on profit-booking after stronger-than-expected earnings boosted the shares in recent sessions.
Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) fall 0.5 percent and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) is down 1.3 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article