Tata Motors falls on 'muted' December sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors Ltd(TAMO.NS) ended down 3.5 percent, after falling as much as 4 percent in trade, as the company posted lower-than-expected global vehicle sales in December, dealers say.
Tata Motors on Tuesday said global vehicle sales in December fell 13.9 percent to 98,968 vehicles, although sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 4.2 percent to 32,282 vehicles.
Tata Motors' global sales last month were "muted" after being dragged by a "poor" performance in the domestic market, said IndiaNivesh Securities in a report on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article