Tata Motors falls on 'muted' December sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors Ltd(TAMO.NS) ended down 3.5 percent, after falling as much as 4 percent in trade, as the company posted lower-than-expected global vehicle sales in December, dealers say.
Tata Motors on Tuesday said global vehicle sales in December fell 13.9 percent to 98,968 vehicles, although sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 4.2 percent to 32,282 vehicles.
Tata Motors' global sales last month were "muted" after being dragged by a "poor" performance in the domestic market, said IndiaNivesh Securities in a report on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article