Tata Motors falls on 'muted' December sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors Ltd(TAMO.NS) ended down 3.5 percent, after falling as much as 4 percent in trade, as the company posted lower-than-expected global vehicle sales in December, dealers say.
Tata Motors on Tuesday said global vehicle sales in December fell 13.9 percent to 98,968 vehicles, although sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 4.2 percent to 32,282 vehicles.
Tata Motors' global sales last month were "muted" after being dragged by a "poor" performance in the domestic market, said IndiaNivesh Securities in a report on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sensex surges over 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
- Rupee continues to trade higher; share gains, election results aid
The BSE Sensex surges over 300 points and the Nifty gains nearly 100 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article