Tata Motors falls on 'muted' December sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors Ltd(TAMO.NS) ended down 3.5 percent, after falling as much as 4 percent in trade, as the company posted lower-than-expected global vehicle sales in December, dealers say.
Tata Motors on Tuesday said global vehicle sales in December fell 13.9 percent to 98,968 vehicles, although sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 4.2 percent to 32,282 vehicles.
Tata Motors' global sales last month were "muted" after being dragged by a "poor" performance in the domestic market, said IndiaNivesh Securities in a report on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
- UPDATE 3-Putin talks tough on Ukraine but says he hopes for peace
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- UPDATE 3-Salsa music great José "Cheo" Feliciano, 78, dies in car crash
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage
Ex-Goldman director Rajat Gupta to surrender June 17 in insider case. Full Article