Yes Bank says interested in RBS India retail asset
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Mid-sized Indian private sector lender Yes Bank (YESB.NS) is interested in acquiring Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc's (RBS) (RBS.L) India retail assets, but has not done a due diligence as of now, its Chief Executive Rana Kapoor said on Wednesday.
The bank will pursue acquisition of retail banking assets as part of its growth strategy, he told reporters, after the bank announced its quarterly earnings.
Yes Bank is in talks to buy the local retail and commercial operations of Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
When asked about possible acquisition of RBS India assets, Kapoor said Yes Bank, which earlier announced a 34.7 percent jump in its December quarter earnings, would be "receptive" to such opportunities to boost its retail network.
(Reporting by Swati Pandey; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India tightens Vietnam defence, oil ties ahead of China's Xi's visit
Importing Iron Ore
An oversupplied global iron ore market may find some relief from an unlikely source as former No.3 exporter India turns into a big importer due to a cutback in domestic production. Full Article
India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - govt source. Full Article