Yes Bank says interested in RBS India retail asset
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Mid-sized Indian private sector lender Yes Bank (YESB.NS) is interested in acquiring Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc's (RBS) (RBS.L) India retail assets, but has not done a due diligence as of now, its Chief Executive Rana Kapoor said on Wednesday.
The bank will pursue acquisition of retail banking assets as part of its growth strategy, he told reporters, after the bank announced its quarterly earnings.
Yes Bank is in talks to buy the local retail and commercial operations of Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
When asked about possible acquisition of RBS India assets, Kapoor said Yes Bank, which earlier announced a 34.7 percent jump in its December quarter earnings, would be "receptive" to such opportunities to boost its retail network.
(Reporting by Swati Pandey; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Runaway spy Snowden is surprise guest on Putin phone-in
- UPDATE 4-Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage