MARKET EYE-Morgan Stanley starts India's Asian Paints at 'overweight'
* Morgan Stanley initiated coverage of Asian Paints Ltd with an "overweight" rating and a target price of 5,220 rupees. * The investment bank says the paint maker will enjoy "strong" revenue growth, with gross margins expected to expand by 300 bps in fiscal years 2012-2015. * Asian Paints also deserves a premium in terms of valuations, Morgan Stanley says. * "We think competitors are unlikely to match its distribution reach and logistics strength over the next five years," the bank writes in a note, dated Thursday. * "And we believe valuations should be viewed in the context of earnings resilience, improving return ratios, better payout ratios, and successful innovations," Morgan Stanley adds. * Asian Paints shares up 0.8 percent at 4,311.50 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
India promised on Monday to open up the coal industry to private players and moved closer to selling a stake in a state-run oil company, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi picked up the pace on economic reform days after relaxing fuel price controls. Full Article
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article