MARKET EYE-Morgan Stanley starts India's Asian Paints at 'overweight'
* Morgan Stanley initiated coverage of Asian Paints Ltd with an "overweight" rating and a target price of 5,220 rupees. * The investment bank says the paint maker will enjoy "strong" revenue growth, with gross margins expected to expand by 300 bps in fiscal years 2012-2015. * Asian Paints also deserves a premium in terms of valuations, Morgan Stanley says. * "We think competitors are unlikely to match its distribution reach and logistics strength over the next five years," the bank writes in a note, dated Thursday. * "And we believe valuations should be viewed in the context of earnings resilience, improving return ratios, better payout ratios, and successful innovations," Morgan Stanley adds. * Asian Paints shares up 0.8 percent at 4,311.50 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- UPDATE 3-China steel futures hit record lows, spot iron plunges
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article