MARKET EYE-Morgan Stanley starts India's Asian Paints at 'overweight'
* Morgan Stanley initiated coverage of Asian Paints Ltd with an "overweight" rating and a target price of 5,220 rupees. * The investment bank says the paint maker will enjoy "strong" revenue growth, with gross margins expected to expand by 300 bps in fiscal years 2012-2015. * Asian Paints also deserves a premium in terms of valuations, Morgan Stanley says. * "We think competitors are unlikely to match its distribution reach and logistics strength over the next five years," the bank writes in a note, dated Thursday. * "And we believe valuations should be viewed in the context of earnings resilience, improving return ratios, better payout ratios, and successful innovations," Morgan Stanley adds. * Asian Paints shares up 0.8 percent at 4,311.50 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Alumnus dead after opening fire at Florida State University, wounding 3 |
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83
- UPDATE 2-Doctor who treated source of second Mali Ebola outbreak dies
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83 |
Kotak Mahindra Bank has agreed to buy ING Vysya in an all-share deal valuing its smaller rival at $2.4 billion, bulking up as analysts predict the start of long-awaited consolidation in a crowded banking sector. Full Article
U.S. court overturns bid by Ranbaxy to block launch of rival generic drugs. Full Article
Tech Mahindra to buy U.S.-based network services operator for $240 million Full Article
Infosys unit's overbilling Apple led to exit of top execs - sources. Full Article