MARKET EYE-Morgan Stanley starts India's Asian Paints at 'overweight'
* Morgan Stanley initiated coverage of Asian Paints Ltd with an "overweight" rating and a target price of 5,220 rupees. * The investment bank says the paint maker will enjoy "strong" revenue growth, with gross margins expected to expand by 300 bps in fiscal years 2012-2015. * Asian Paints also deserves a premium in terms of valuations, Morgan Stanley says. * "We think competitors are unlikely to match its distribution reach and logistics strength over the next five years," the bank writes in a note, dated Thursday. * "And we believe valuations should be viewed in the context of earnings resilience, improving return ratios, better payout ratios, and successful innovations," Morgan Stanley adds. * Asian Paints shares up 0.8 percent at 4,311.50 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
India will decide on ending government control on diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said, even though local prices of the fuel are currently higher than the global rates, making a case for a cut in retail prices. Full Article
Climate smart farmers get tech savvy to save India's bread basket. Full Article