MARKET EYE-Morgan Stanley starts India's Asian Paints at 'overweight'
* Morgan Stanley initiated coverage of Asian Paints Ltd with an "overweight" rating and a target price of 5,220 rupees. * The investment bank says the paint maker will enjoy "strong" revenue growth, with gross margins expected to expand by 300 bps in fiscal years 2012-2015. * Asian Paints also deserves a premium in terms of valuations, Morgan Stanley says. * "We think competitors are unlikely to match its distribution reach and logistics strength over the next five years," the bank writes in a note, dated Thursday. * "And we believe valuations should be viewed in the context of earnings resilience, improving return ratios, better payout ratios, and successful innovations," Morgan Stanley adds. * Asian Paints shares up 0.8 percent at 4,311.50 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Short-cut to produce hydrogen seen as step to cleaner fuel
- UPDATE 5-Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article