HCL Tech, Wipro shares surge on earnings optimism
MUMBAI (Reuters) - HCL Technologies Ltd(HCLT.NS) shares rose as much as 7 percent to a 12-year high on Thursday after its October-December earnings beat estimates, while Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) gained as much as 3.5 percent ahead of its quarterly results on Friday.
HCL Technologies Ltd shares were up 6.4 percent as of 0446 GMT after earlier hitting its highest intraday level since February 2000. India's fourth-largest software services provider on Thursday beat estimates with a 68.4 percent jump in quarterly profit.
Wipro Ltd, which is due to report earnings on Friday, was up 3.4 percent. Earlier in the day, UBS upgraded Wipro to "buy" from "sell", saying revenue momentum will start picking up from the October-December quarter.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article