HCL Tech, Wipro shares surge on earnings optimism
MUMBAI (Reuters) - HCL Technologies Ltd(HCLT.NS) shares rose as much as 7 percent to a 12-year high on Thursday after its October-December earnings beat estimates, while Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) gained as much as 3.5 percent ahead of its quarterly results on Friday.
HCL Technologies Ltd shares were up 6.4 percent as of 0446 GMT after earlier hitting its highest intraday level since February 2000. India's fourth-largest software services provider on Thursday beat estimates with a 68.4 percent jump in quarterly profit.
Wipro Ltd, which is due to report earnings on Friday, was up 3.4 percent. Earlier in the day, UBS upgraded Wipro to "buy" from "sell", saying revenue momentum will start picking up from the October-December quarter.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- UPDATE 4-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article