Reuters Market eye - The rupee rises to 54.59/60 versus its previous close of 54.69/70 as exporters sell the greenback after the pair rises for two straight sessions.
Most Asian currencies also trading stronger compared with the dollar.
The Sensex is trading up 0.4 percent, hurting sentiment for the dollar.
Traders, however, expect dollar demand from oil companies to continue later in the session and limit any sharp downside in the pair.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
Trending On Reuters
Three people were pulled out alive from the rubble of their home eight days after Nepal's devastating earthquake, an official said on Sunday, but rescuers have found about 50 bodies on a popular trekking route that was hit by an avalanche. Full Article | Slideshow
- Video: Nepalese leave Kathmandu and return to villages
- Monsoons could bring disease, a second crisis, to Nepal - UNICEF
- Insight - Soul-searching over quake ends Everest climbing season
- Video: Relief goods for Nepal quake victims held up, remote areas awaiting aid
- Video: U.S. ready to provide more support to Nepal, says Kerry
Free medical for in-laws helps Indian tech start-ups woo talent back from America Full Article