‘Kai Po Che' to be screened at Berlin film festival
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood film "Kai Po Che", based on a novel by Chetan Bhagat, is the only Indian film among 31 features to be screened in the Panorama segment at next month's Berlin Film Festival.
The film, based on Bhagat's "The 3 Mistakes of My Life", is about three friends and their dream of setting up a cricket academy in India.
Directed by Abhishek Kapoor, "Kai Po Che" features lesser known actors Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh and Raj Kumar Yadav.
"We've put our heart and soul into giving this movie our best, and bringing to life an inspiring story set in today's India with a contemporary ethic," director Kapoor said in a press release.
In the past, the Berlinale has included Indian films such as "Gattu" and Shah Rukh Khan's "Don 2" in its festival line-up. The 63rd Berlin film festival runs from February 7 - 17.
"Kai Po Che" opens in Indian cinemas on February 22.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar; Editing by Tony Tharakan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
Rihanna Rails, Dropped
A battle between television network CBS and singer Rihanna over the use of one of her songs for its "Thursday Night Football" program escalated on Tuesday when CBS said it would drop it from its marquee prime-time show. Full Article