Morgan Stanley starts Asian Paints at 'overweight'
Reuters Market Eye - Morgan Stanley initiated coverage of Asian Paints Ltd (ASPN.NS) with an "overweight" rating and a target price of 5,220 rupees.
The investment bank says the paint maker will enjoy "strong" revenue growth, with gross margins expected to expand by 300 bps in fiscal years 2012-2015.
Asian Paints also deserves a premium in terms of valuations, Morgan Stanley says.
"We think competitors are unlikely to match its distribution reach and logistics strength over the next five years," the bank writes in a note, dated Thursday.
"And we believe valuations should be viewed in the context of earnings resilience, improving return ratios, better payout ratios, and successful innovations," Morgan Stanley adds.
Asian Paints shares up 0.8 percent at 4,311.50 rupees.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 2-Moscow courts back closure of three McDonald's branches
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article