Manchester Airports Group buys London's Stansted airport
LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester Airports Group (MAG) said on Friday it had agreed to buy London's Stansted airport from Heathrow Airport Holdings for 1.5 billion pounds ($2.4 billion).
As part of the transaction, Australian investment group Industry Funds Management will become an investor in MAG, invest new equity and take a 35.5 percent stake in the enlarged group, MAG said.
Australia's Macquarie (MQG.AX) and Malaysia Airports Holdings (MAHB.KL) had also been bidding for Stansted, sources close the matter told Reuters earlier this week.
(Reporting by Tim Castle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength