Manchester Airports Group buys London's Stansted airport
LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester Airports Group (MAG) said on Friday it had agreed to buy London's Stansted airport from Heathrow Airport Holdings for 1.5 billion pounds ($2.4 billion).
As part of the transaction, Australian investment group Industry Funds Management will become an investor in MAG, invest new equity and take a 35.5 percent stake in the enlarged group, MAG said.
Australia's Macquarie (MQG.AX) and Malaysia Airports Holdings (MAHB.KL) had also been bidding for Stansted, sources close the matter told Reuters earlier this week.
(Reporting by Tim Castle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source