Manchester Airports Group buys London's Stansted airport
LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester Airports Group (MAG) said on Friday it had agreed to buy London's Stansted airport from Heathrow Airport Holdings for 1.5 billion pounds ($2.4 billion).
As part of the transaction, Australian investment group Industry Funds Management will become an investor in MAG, invest new equity and take a 35.5 percent stake in the enlarged group, MAG said.
Australia's Macquarie (MQG.AX) and Malaysia Airports Holdings (MAHB.KL) had also been bidding for Stansted, sources close the matter told Reuters earlier this week.
(Reporting by Tim Castle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
- RPT-Apple resets the clock as investors await next big thing