Wipro shares fall as much as 5 percent after results
REUTERS - Shares in India's No.3 software services provider Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) fell as much as 5 percent, with traders saying the performance of the company's core IT services segment was not as strong as expected.
Earlier on Friday, Wipro posted an 18 percent gain in third-quarter net profit, with its IT business revenue rising 2.4 percent from the September quarter to $1.577 billion and meeting its own guidance of 1.2 to 3.5 percent.
However, IT business volumes, or the billable hours, fell 1 percent from the previous quarter, according to company data.
At 9:40 a.m., Wipro was down 4.2 percent to 417.50 rupees. Ahead of the results, the shares had risen about 9 percent so far this year.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Harichandan Arakali; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- UPDATE 1-Sports-mad South Africa salutes Mandela "The Captain"
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $344 mln for next week
The World Trade Organization reached its first ever trade reform deal on Saturday to the roar of approval from nearly 160 ministers who had gathered on the Indonesian island of Bali to decide on the make-or-break agreement that could add $1 trillion to the global economy. Full Article