Death toll of hostages in Algeria crisis reaches 48 -source
ALGIERS Jan 20 (Reuters) - Algerian troops searching a desert gas compound a day after ending a four-day siege found the bodies of 25 more hostages inside, more than doubling the toll to 48 hostages killed, a security source said on Sunday.
Along with 32 slain hostage-takers, the overall death toll from the incident reached 80. The source said the toll could still rise as troops continue to comb through the site. (Reporting by Lamine Chikhi; Editing by Peter Graff and Sonya Hepinstall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article