Death toll of hostages in Algeria crisis reaches 48 -source
ALGIERS Jan 20 (Reuters) - Algerian troops searching a desert gas compound a day after ending a four-day siege found the bodies of 25 more hostages inside, more than doubling the toll to 48 hostages killed, a security source said on Sunday.
Along with 32 slain hostage-takers, the overall death toll from the incident reached 80. The source said the toll could still rise as troops continue to comb through the site. (Reporting by Lamine Chikhi; Editing by Peter Graff and Sonya Hepinstall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Blind enormously proud to be a Red Devil
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
A day after the best economic growth figures in more than two years greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first three months in office, the finance minister on Saturday predicted faster growth to come. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article