Jet gains on SpiceJet's results, Etihad hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) gain 4.3 percent, after SpiceJet swung to a quarterly profit on Monday, aided by higher fares, sending its shares up as much as 7.6 percent.
"SpiceJet's result offers a very positive read-through for Jet's 3Q results," IIFL says in a note.
Dealers say investors are also hopeful of some traction in Jet's talks with Etihad for potential stake sale.
Jet Airways, India's second-largest carrier, is in talks with Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways to sell a stake, it said earlier this month, in what could be the first deal in the sector following the rule change.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Erdogan says Turkey may ban Facebook, YouTube over wiretaps
- U.S. says ready to do business with BJP's Narendra Modi
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article