Jet gains on SpiceJet's results, Etihad hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) gain 4.3 percent, after SpiceJet swung to a quarterly profit on Monday, aided by higher fares, sending its shares up as much as 7.6 percent.
"SpiceJet's result offers a very positive read-through for Jet's 3Q results," IIFL says in a note.
Dealers say investors are also hopeful of some traction in Jet's talks with Etihad for potential stake sale.
Jet Airways, India's second-largest carrier, is in talks with Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways to sell a stake, it said earlier this month, in what could be the first deal in the sector following the rule change.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. fines Berkshire over stock deal, Buffett admits mistake
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video
- McCain calls for dramatic increase in US airstrikes against Islamic State
- SAFT ON WEALTH-Buffett hoards cash, individuals' holdings hit 14-year low
Some of India's biggest companies are pouring billions of dollars into manufacturing guns, ships and tanks for the country's military, buoyed by the new government's commitment to upgrade its armed forces using domestic factories. Full Article