Jet gains on SpiceJet's results, Etihad hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) gain 4.3 percent, after SpiceJet swung to a quarterly profit on Monday, aided by higher fares, sending its shares up as much as 7.6 percent.
"SpiceJet's result offers a very positive read-through for Jet's 3Q results," IIFL says in a note.
Dealers say investors are also hopeful of some traction in Jet's talks with Etihad for potential stake sale.
Jet Airways, India's second-largest carrier, is in talks with Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways to sell a stake, it said earlier this month, in what could be the first deal in the sector following the rule change.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article