Jet gains on SpiceJet's results, Etihad hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) gain 4.3 percent, after SpiceJet swung to a quarterly profit on Monday, aided by higher fares, sending its shares up as much as 7.6 percent.
"SpiceJet's result offers a very positive read-through for Jet's 3Q results," IIFL says in a note.
Dealers say investors are also hopeful of some traction in Jet's talks with Etihad for potential stake sale.
Jet Airways, India's second-largest carrier, is in talks with Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways to sell a stake, it said earlier this month, in what could be the first deal in the sector following the rule change.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article