EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
U.S. President Barack Obama will attend India's Republic Day celebrations in January as chief guest, a sign of steadily expanding ties between two countries that share concerns about China's growing power in Asia. Full Article