BRUSSELS The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
Trending On Reuters
Iran and world powers made progress on future sanctions relief for Iran in marathon nuclear talks on Saturday, but remained divided on issues such as lifting United Nations sanctions and the development of advanced centrifuges. Full Article
- At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in Syria's Idlib - monitor
- Tunisia's president declares state of emergency after hotel attack
- Hot dogs (many), banners and barbecues as America celebrates July 4
- Syrian army and Hezbollah lay siege to rebel-held border city
- Defence minister rejected as Taliban battle near Kabul