EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
The United States issued stringent new protocols on Monday for health workers treating Ebola victims, directing medical teams to wear protective gear that leaves no skin or hair exposed when caring for patients infected with the virus. Full Article
Violence kills a child every five minutes, most outside war zones - U.N. Full Article
Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland. Full Article