EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Border standoff dominates Xi Jinping's visit to India
People in Scotland began voting on Thursday in a referendum on whether the country should become independent or stay part of the United Kingdom. Full Article
Measles vaccination campaign halted in northern Syria after 15 children die. Full Article
Ebola could drain billions of dollars from African economies - World Bank. Full Article