EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tendulkar factor adds to pressure on Sindhu
- Taiwan says weather not seen as cause of plane crash that killed 48
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
Israel won a partial reprieve from the economic pain of its Gaza war on Thursday with the lifting of a U.S. ban on commercial flights to Tel Aviv, as fighting pushed the Palestinian death toll over 700. Full Article
"Weeks or months" until Malaysian remains from MH17 can be returned home - PM. Full Article