EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
Israel declared a Gaza ceasefire over on Friday, saying Hamas militants breached the truce soon after it came into effect and apparently captured an Israeli officer while killing two other soldiers. Full Article | Video
Exclusive - China's Xi likely to promote army general who exposed graft: sources Full Article