EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
- UPDATE 4-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
Nearly 90 leaders from across the world, some of them locked in enmity, are flying to South Africa for memorials to Nelson Mandela that will hail one of humanity's great peacemakers. Full Article | Slideshow
Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks, police dismantle protest barricades. Full Article