EU to host Mali meeting on February 5
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Hewlett-Packard posts surprise revenue gain after PC sales jump
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Billy Crystal to commemorate late actor Robin Williams at Emmys
The U.S. military earlier this summer carried out an attempt to rescue journalist James Foley and other American hostages held in Syria, a U.S. official said on Wednesday, in an operation that the Pentagon said ultimately failed to find the captives. Full Article
U.S. attorney general visits Missouri town for meetings on fatal shooting. Full Article