Nifty futures breach 6,100; premium over spot expands
Reuters Market Eye - January futures contract on India's 50-stock index breached 6,100 level earlier in the day as the Nifty rose, led by gains in Reliance Industries (RELI.NS).
This marked the first time a near-month index futures contract rose over 6,100 level since January 6, 2011.
The premium over spot index expanded to 15 points compared with 10 points on Friday, which dealers attribute to confidence in the earnings season.
Among heavyweight stocks -- Reliance, ITC (ITC.N), Infosys (INFY.NS), Tata Consultancy Service (TCS.NS) have beaten their earnings estimates for the December quarter.
Blue chip earnings this week include Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) on Tuesday, Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) on Thursday and Maruti Suzuki (MRTI.NS) on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article