Nifty futures breach 6,100; premium over spot expands
Reuters Market Eye - January futures contract on India's 50-stock index breached 6,100 level earlier in the day as the Nifty rose, led by gains in Reliance Industries (RELI.NS).
This marked the first time a near-month index futures contract rose over 6,100 level since January 6, 2011.
The premium over spot index expanded to 15 points compared with 10 points on Friday, which dealers attribute to confidence in the earnings season.
Among heavyweight stocks -- Reliance, ITC (ITC.N), Infosys (INFY.NS), Tata Consultancy Service (TCS.NS) have beaten their earnings estimates for the December quarter.
Blue chip earnings this week include Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) on Tuesday, Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) on Thursday and Maruti Suzuki (MRTI.NS) on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 3-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article