Nifty futures breach 6,100; premium over spot expands
Reuters Market Eye - January futures contract on India's 50-stock index breached 6,100 level earlier in the day as the Nifty rose, led by gains in Reliance Industries (RELI.NS).
This marked the first time a near-month index futures contract rose over 6,100 level since January 6, 2011.
The premium over spot index expanded to 15 points compared with 10 points on Friday, which dealers attribute to confidence in the earnings season.
Among heavyweight stocks -- Reliance, ITC (ITC.N), Infosys (INFY.NS), Tata Consultancy Service (TCS.NS) have beaten their earnings estimates for the December quarter.
Blue chip earnings this week include Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) on Tuesday, Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) on Thursday and Maruti Suzuki (MRTI.NS) on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article