Nifty futures breach 6,100; premium over spot expands
Reuters Market Eye - January futures contract on India's 50-stock index breached 6,100 level earlier in the day as the Nifty rose, led by gains in Reliance Industries (RELI.NS).
This marked the first time a near-month index futures contract rose over 6,100 level since January 6, 2011.
The premium over spot index expanded to 15 points compared with 10 points on Friday, which dealers attribute to confidence in the earnings season.
Among heavyweight stocks -- Reliance, ITC (ITC.N), Infosys (INFY.NS), Tata Consultancy Service (TCS.NS) have beaten their earnings estimates for the December quarter.
Blue chip earnings this week include Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) on Tuesday, Larsen & Toubro (LART.NS) on Thursday and Maruti Suzuki (MRTI.NS) on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article