India's Reliance Industries surge on earnings beat
MUMBAI Jan 21 (Reuters) - Shares of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd rose 4.2 percent in pre-open trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Target breach could cost hundreds of millions, probe starts
- Putin to pardon jailed tycoon Khodorkovsky
- Selena Gomez cancels Australia tour to 'spend time on myself'
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell Khobragade dispute
- UPDATE 3-'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks wider debate on tolerance
Infosys Ltd is poised to overtake ITC Ltd as the stock with biggest weighting in the benchmark BSE Sensex and broader Nifty. Infosys weighting in the BSE Sensex currently stands at 9.70 percent, only 15 basis points away from 9.85 percent for ITC, Thomson Reuters Data shows. Full Article