India's Reliance Industries surge on earnings beat
MUMBAI Jan 21 (Reuters) - Shares of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd rose 4.2 percent in pre-open trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article