Reliance Industries surges on earnings beat
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Industries rose as much as 6 percent in trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit. The shares were trading 3.8 percent higher at 10:05 a.m.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- Balance of payments rises on robust dollar inflows
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article