Reliance Industries surges on earnings beat
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Industries rose as much as 6 percent in trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit. The shares were trading 3.8 percent higher at 10:05 a.m.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
- UPDATE 6-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
Jindal Steel and Power gains 7 percent, while Hindalco Industries is up 2.2 percent. India said on Monday it would auction off coal blocks after the Supreme Court cancelled allocations in August. Full Article | Related Story
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article