Reliance Industries surges on earnings beat
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Industries rose as much as 6 percent in trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit. The shares were trading 3.8 percent higher at 10:05 a.m.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Nepali sherpa families cremate Everest victims, anger grows |
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
Iron Ore Mining
The Supreme Court lifted a 19-month old ban on mining in Goa, the top iron ore-exporting state, on Monday, a move that will put more pressure on global prices although it capped annual output in the state at 20 million tonnes. Full Article | Quote
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article