Reliance Industries surges on earnings beat
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Industries rose as much as 6 percent in trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit. The shares were trading 3.8 percent higher at 10:05 a.m.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article