Reliance Industries surges on earnings beat
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Industries rose as much as 6 percent in trade, after posting a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in third-quarter net profit. The shares were trading 3.8 percent higher at 10:05 a.m.
The company on Friday posted its first profit increase after four quarters of declining returns, buoyed by improving margins in its core oil refining business.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran prosecutor gives government 30 days to block social media
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey
- New smartphone app gives sight to the blind
- Study asks whether artificial sweeteners may drive diabetes
- Exclusive - Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program
GROUP OF 20
The G20 leading nations say they are tantalisingly close to adding an extra $2 trillion to the global economy and creating millions of new jobs, but Europe's extended stagnation remains a major stumbling block. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article