Rupee falls on oil bids
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee trading lower at 53.86/8650, off 53.63 highs, and vs 53.71/72 last close.
Dealers say oil bids at lower levels pushing pair higher, local shares also off highs, some short-covering also seen.
Pair has immediate resistance at 54-54.05 backed by 54.25-30.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow