Rupee falls on oil bids
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee trading lower at 53.86/8650, off 53.63 highs, and vs 53.71/72 last close.
Dealers say oil bids at lower levels pushing pair higher, local shares also off highs, some short-covering also seen.
Pair has immediate resistance at 54-54.05 backed by 54.25-30.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- CBI drops coal scam case against Kumar Mangalam Birla
- India's growth speeds up in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery
- Saudi king warns of terrorism threat to U.S., Europe
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has closed a coal scam case against billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla and a former top bureaucrat that emerged in 2012 after an auditor's report on revenue loss to the exchequer from allocations of coal blocks. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article