Rupee falls on oil bids
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee trading lower at 53.86/8650, off 53.63 highs, and vs 53.71/72 last close.
Dealers say oil bids at lower levels pushing pair higher, local shares also off highs, some short-covering also seen.
Pair has immediate resistance at 54-54.05 backed by 54.25-30.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article