Rupee falls on oil bids
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee trading lower at 53.86/8650, off 53.63 highs, and vs 53.71/72 last close.
Dealers say oil bids at lower levels pushing pair higher, local shares also off highs, some short-covering also seen.
Pair has immediate resistance at 54-54.05 backed by 54.25-30.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
- UPDATE 6-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
Jindal Steel and Power gains 7 percent, while Hindalco Industries is up 2.2 percent. India said on Monday it would auction off coal blocks after the Supreme Court cancelled allocations in August. Full Article | Related Story
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article