Sony to sell new Xperia tablet in Japan - Nikkei
REUTERS - Sony Corp's Sony Mobile Communications Inc said it will sell the new version of its Xperia tablet in Japan this spring, the Nikkei reported, citing Kyodo News.
The Xperia Tablet Z, whose price has not been announced, has a 10.1-inch display, is 6.9 mm thin and weighs 495 grams, according to the company's website.
Rival Google Inc's Nexus 10 tablet is 8.9 mm thick, while Apple Inc's iPad mini measures 7.9 mm.
Sony halted sales of Xperia in October, a month after launch, after discovering gaps between the screen and the case that made some of the machines susceptible to water damage.
The Nikkei reported on Sunday that Japanese smartphone makers seem to be regaining some market share they lost to companies like Apple and Samsung Electronics Co.
(Reporting by Krithika Krishnamurthy in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
A U.S. judge on Friday gave final approval to Apple Inc's agreement to pay $450 million to resolve claims it harmed consumers by conspiring with five publishers to raise e-book prices. Full Article