The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- HSBC cuts gold, silver price forecasts for 2013, 2014
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
UltraTech Cement shares down on earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in UltraTech Cement(ULTC.NS) fell 2 percent after the cement maker reported a 3 percent fall in October-December net profit at 6 billion rupees on Saturday.
UltraTech continues to struggle with capacity utilization and no volume growth, Kotak Securities said in a note, even as market consensus is for higher volumes growth from expanded capacities in the sector by fiscal 2014.
Other cement players fall: ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) declines 1.35 percent, Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) retreats 2 percent.
Cement makers have been hit by concerns about rising operating costs as the government last week said bulk buyers would pay market rates for diesel.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this