UltraTech Cement shares down on earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in UltraTech Cement(ULTC.NS) fell 2 percent after the cement maker reported a 3 percent fall in October-December net profit at 6 billion rupees on Saturday.
UltraTech continues to struggle with capacity utilization and no volume growth, Kotak Securities said in a note, even as market consensus is for higher volumes growth from expanded capacities in the sector by fiscal 2014.
Other cement players fall: ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) declines 1.35 percent, Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) retreats 2 percent.
Cement makers have been hit by concerns about rising operating costs as the government last week said bulk buyers would pay market rates for diesel.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
- England have Cook to thank for winning position - Root
A group of World Trade Organization (WTO) members has informally discussed adopting a global overhaul of customs rules without India if New Delhi goes ahead with threats to block the deal, sources familiar with the talks said on Thursday. Full Article