UltraTech Cement shares down on earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in UltraTech Cement(ULTC.NS) fell 2 percent after the cement maker reported a 3 percent fall in October-December net profit at 6 billion rupees on Saturday.
UltraTech continues to struggle with capacity utilization and no volume growth, Kotak Securities said in a note, even as market consensus is for higher volumes growth from expanded capacities in the sector by fiscal 2014.
Other cement players fall: ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) declines 1.35 percent, Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) retreats 2 percent.
Cement makers have been hit by concerns about rising operating costs as the government last week said bulk buyers would pay market rates for diesel.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads
- UPDATE 3-Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Kashmiris wary as Modi challenges for power
- Preview - Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article