UltraTech Cement shares down on earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in UltraTech Cement(ULTC.NS) fell 2 percent after the cement maker reported a 3 percent fall in October-December net profit at 6 billion rupees on Saturday.
UltraTech continues to struggle with capacity utilization and no volume growth, Kotak Securities said in a note, even as market consensus is for higher volumes growth from expanded capacities in the sector by fiscal 2014.
Other cement players fall: ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) declines 1.35 percent, Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) retreats 2 percent.
Cement makers have been hit by concerns about rising operating costs as the government last week said bulk buyers would pay market rates for diesel.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- UPDATE 1-J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website -media
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website - media
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article