UltraTech Cement shares down on earnings
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in UltraTech Cement(ULTC.NS) fell 2 percent after the cement maker reported a 3 percent fall in October-December net profit at 6 billion rupees on Saturday.
UltraTech continues to struggle with capacity utilization and no volume growth, Kotak Securities said in a note, even as market consensus is for higher volumes growth from expanded capacities in the sector by fiscal 2014.
Other cement players fall: ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) declines 1.35 percent, Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) retreats 2 percent.
Cement makers have been hit by concerns about rising operating costs as the government last week said bulk buyers would pay market rates for diesel.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Champions Man City host title pretenders Liverpool
- Cabinet approves $1.4 bln new metro rail project
Some of India's biggest companies are pouring billions of dollars into manufacturing guns, ships and tanks for the country's military, buoyed by the new government's commitment to upgrade its armed forces using domestic factories. Full Article