RPT-Hindustan Unilever Q3 profit up 16 pct, shares fall 5 pct
MUMBAI Jan 22 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd, the Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch firm Unilever Plc , posted a 16 percent jump in third-quarter net profit, but low volume growth and a rise in royalty payments knocked its shares down as much as 5 percent.
India's largest household and consumer goods maker posted net profit of 8.7 billion rupees ($161.7 million) for the quarter ended Dec. 31, up from 7.5 billion rupees a year earlier. Analysts had expected net profit of 8.8 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Woman isolated in NJ under Ebola rules tests negative
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article