Nifty breaches 6,100; RIL, Infosys rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Nifty breached the 6,100 level for the first time since Jan 6, 2011. Strong earnings from blue-chip companies including Infosys and RIL, reform measures by the government and rate cut expectation by the RBI have led to a 3 percent rise in the index in 2013 as of Monday's close.
Leading the gains on Tuesday: ICICI up 1.3 percent, Reliance Industries up 0.99 percent. Top index gainers: Asian Paints up 3 percent, NTPC rises 2.1 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- China tells foreign countries not to meddle in Hong Kong
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article