Nifty breaches 6,100; RIL, Infosys rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Nifty breached the 6,100 level for the first time since Jan 6, 2011. Strong earnings from blue-chip companies including Infosys and RIL, reform measures by the government and rate cut expectation by the RBI have led to a 3 percent rise in the index in 2013 as of Monday's close.
Leading the gains on Tuesday: ICICI up 1.3 percent, Reliance Industries up 0.99 percent. Top index gainers: Asian Paints up 3 percent, NTPC rises 2.1 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article