Nifty breaches 6,100; RIL, Infosys rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Nifty breached the 6,100 level for the first time since Jan 6, 2011. Strong earnings from blue-chip companies including Infosys and RIL, reform measures by the government and rate cut expectation by the RBI have led to a 3 percent rise in the index in 2013 as of Monday's close.
Leading the gains on Tuesday: ICICI up 1.3 percent, Reliance Industries up 0.99 percent. Top index gainers: Asian Paints up 3 percent, NTPC rises 2.1 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. fast-food workers rally for higher minimum wage
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- Springsteen's handwritten 'Born to Run' draft fetches $197,000
- UPDATE 5-GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel
- UPDATE 4-Child killed in Idaho school bus accident, 4 more hurt
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died aged 95 at his Johannesburg home on Thursday after a prolonged lung infection, plunging his nation and the world into mourning for a man hailed by global leaders as a moral giant. Article | Obituary