Nifty breaches 6,100; RIL, Infosys rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Nifty breached the 6,100 level for the first time since Jan 6, 2011. Strong earnings from blue-chip companies including Infosys and RIL, reform measures by the government and rate cut expectation by the RBI have led to a 3 percent rise in the index in 2013 as of Monday's close.
Leading the gains on Tuesday: ICICI up 1.3 percent, Reliance Industries up 0.99 percent. Top index gainers: Asian Paints up 3 percent, NTPC rises 2.1 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India - Economic Times
- After Obama speech, Islamic State wins new recruits in Syria - monitor
- Amazon expands Kindle lineup, boosts price of basic e-reader
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article