Nifty breaches 6,100; RIL, Infosys rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Nifty breached the 6,100 level for the first time since Jan 6, 2011. Strong earnings from blue-chip companies including Infosys and RIL, reform measures by the government and rate cut expectation by the RBI have led to a 3 percent rise in the index in 2013 as of Monday's close.
Leading the gains on Tuesday: ICICI up 1.3 percent, Reliance Industries up 0.99 percent. Top index gainers: Asian Paints up 3 percent, NTPC rises 2.1 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Skin-eating Asian fungus imperils world's salamanders
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article