Wall Street edges up at open as tech leads
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Wednesday, with technology stocks among the best performers after earnings from Google (GOOG.O) and IBM (IBM.N).
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 44.78 points, or 0.33 percent, to 13,756.99. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 0.81 point, or 0.05 percent, to 1,493.37. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 12.16 points, or 0.39 percent, to 3,155.34.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article