Wall Street edges up at open as tech leads
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Wednesday, with technology stocks among the best performers after earnings from Google (GOOG.O) and IBM (IBM.N).
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 44.78 points, or 0.33 percent, to 13,756.99. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 0.81 point, or 0.05 percent, to 1,493.37. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 12.16 points, or 0.39 percent, to 3,155.34.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- UPDATE 2-AT&T threatens to sit out U.S. spectrum auction over rules
- TCS net profit rises 51.5 percent, sees stronger sales growth
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in S. Korean ferry disaster
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
Prime ministerial frontrunner Narendra Modi said he was committed to a policy of no first use of nuclear weapons, seeking to assuage concern after his Hindu nationalist BJP party vowed to revise the nuclear doctrine if elected to power. Full Article