Deutsche starts United Spirits with 'buy' rating
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank initiated coverage of United Spirits with a "buy" rating, citing it 53 percent market share in the Indian spirits market, the significant entry barriers to foreign players, and the benefits from its deal to sell a majority stake to Diageo.
The investment bank said Diageo Plc (DGE.L) would bring "much-needed financial prudence" to United Spirits Ltd (UNSP.NS), which should improve profitability and cash flows.
Deutsche set its 12-month price target at 2,700 rupees.
United Spirits shares were up 1.5 percent at 1,788 rupees as of 10:06 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Senate shortens transport extension, sets up clash with House
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
Piramal Enterprises has tied up with Dutch pension fund APG Asset Management to invest $1 billion in Indian infrastructure companies over three years, in a move that would help indebted firms access funds to complete projects. Full Article
Finmeccanica settles with Italy prosecutors to end Indian chopper deal probe. Full Article