Deutsche starts United Spirits with 'buy' rating
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank initiated coverage of United Spirits with a "buy" rating, citing it 53 percent market share in the Indian spirits market, the significant entry barriers to foreign players, and the benefits from its deal to sell a majority stake to Diageo.
The investment bank said Diageo Plc (DGE.L) would bring "much-needed financial prudence" to United Spirits Ltd (UNSP.NS), which should improve profitability and cash flows.
Deutsche set its 12-month price target at 2,700 rupees.
United Spirits shares were up 1.5 percent at 1,788 rupees as of 10:06 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article