Deutsche starts United Spirits with 'buy' rating
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank initiated coverage of United Spirits with a "buy" rating, citing it 53 percent market share in the Indian spirits market, the significant entry barriers to foreign players, and the benefits from its deal to sell a majority stake to Diageo.
The investment bank said Diageo Plc (DGE.L) would bring "much-needed financial prudence" to United Spirits Ltd (UNSP.NS), which should improve profitability and cash flows.
Deutsche set its 12-month price target at 2,700 rupees.
United Spirits shares were up 1.5 percent at 1,788 rupees as of 10:06 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Pilot of missing Malaysian flight an aviation tech geek
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- UPDATE 2-China steel and iron futures fall to lowest ever levels
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article