BSE Sensex falls; Tata Motors hit
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex was down 0.18 percent and the 50-share Nifty fell 0.28 percent.
Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) fell 7.5 percent a day after the company said its unit Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) was likely to report lower EBITDA margin in the October-December quarter.
Reliance communication (RLCM.NS) shares slid 3 percent a day after its consolidated net profit fell 44 percent, sharper-than-expected at 1.05 billion rupees for December quarter.
However, broader losses in indices were capped by gains in Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd (ONGC.NS) that rose 3.5 percent as the oil ministry is expected to soon recommend a revision in local gas prices. Oil India gained 1.7 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- UPDATE 6-Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- UPDATE 3-Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article