BSE Sensex falls; Tata Motors hit
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex was down 0.18 percent and the 50-share Nifty fell 0.28 percent.
Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) fell 7.5 percent a day after the company said its unit Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) was likely to report lower EBITDA margin in the October-December quarter.
Reliance communication (RLCM.NS) shares slid 3 percent a day after its consolidated net profit fell 44 percent, sharper-than-expected at 1.05 billion rupees for December quarter.
However, broader losses in indices were capped by gains in Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd (ONGC.NS) that rose 3.5 percent as the oil ministry is expected to soon recommend a revision in local gas prices. Oil India gained 1.7 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Rupee posts biggest weekly loss since record lows in August
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Doubts surface about Modi after trade deal scuppered
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article