BSE Sensex falls; Tata Motors hit
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex was down 0.18 percent and the 50-share Nifty fell 0.28 percent.
Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) fell 7.5 percent a day after the company said its unit Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) was likely to report lower EBITDA margin in the October-December quarter.
Reliance communication (RLCM.NS) shares slid 3 percent a day after its consolidated net profit fell 44 percent, sharper-than-expected at 1.05 billion rupees for December quarter.
However, broader losses in indices were capped by gains in Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd (ONGC.NS) that rose 3.5 percent as the oil ministry is expected to soon recommend a revision in local gas prices. Oil India gained 1.7 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- US STOCKS-Wall St to open up after jobless claims data; Jackson Hole ahead
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article