India's L&T Q3 net up 13 pct on strong order wins, beats forecast
MUMBAI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Larsen & Toubro (L&T), India's top construction and engineering company, reported a 13 percent increase in net profit for the Oct-Dec quarter helped by strong order wins, beating forecast.
L&T reported a net profit of 11.22 billion rupees for the third quarter compared with 9.92 billion rupees a year earlier. Sales rose 10 percent to 154.29 billion rupees.
Analysts expected the company to report a net profit of 10.79 billion rupees on sales of 160.96 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
At 0816 GMT, shares in L&T, valued by the market at about $17.8 billion, were up 1.6 percent at 1,586 rupees in a negative Mumbai market. (Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- Gold hovers near 2-1/2 month lows
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read