The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
India L&T expects new orders of $3.7 bln to $4.7 bln in Jan-Mar
MUMBAI Jan 24 (Reuters) - India's Larsen & Toubro (L&T) expects to win orders worth 200 billion rupees to 250 billion rupees ($3.7-$4.7 billion) in the January-March quarter, an executive said on Thursday.
The construction and engineering company expects to stay within its guidance of 15-20 percent growth in its order book to 800 billion rupees to 840 billion rupees for the fiscal year ending in March, from a year earlier, its chief financial officer, R Shankar Raman, said.
L&T reported a 13 percent rise in net profit to 11.22 billion rupees for the third quarter, compared with 9.92 billion rupees a year earlier. Sales rose 10 percent to 154.29 billion rupees.
($1 = 53.6850 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this