Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 24 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Delta Air Lines Inc is in talks with Airbus SAS and Boeing Co to buy $1 billion or more new jets, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Private equity firm Electra has hired Rothschild to explore a sale or a refinancing of electronic animal identification company Allflex, which is worth about $1 billion, four industry sources with knowledge of the plan said.
* The publisher of Britain's Guardian and Observer newspapers has ended talks on selling its stake in Trader Media Group because the price offered fell short of expectations, the Financial Times said on Thursday.
* Hilco UK, the retail restructuring group that has taken effective control of HMV, is the frontrunner to acquire the Jessops brand, the Financial Times reported. ()
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Short-cut to produce hydrogen seen as step to cleaner fuel
- UPDATE 5-Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article