The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 24 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Delta Air Lines Inc is in talks with Airbus SAS and Boeing Co to buy $1 billion or more new jets, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Private equity firm Electra has hired Rothschild to explore a sale or a refinancing of electronic animal identification company Allflex, which is worth about $1 billion, four industry sources with knowledge of the plan said.
* The publisher of Britain's Guardian and Observer newspapers has ended talks on selling its stake in Trader Media Group because the price offered fell short of expectations, the Financial Times said on Thursday.
* Hilco UK, the retail restructuring group that has taken effective control of HMV, is the frontrunner to acquire the Jessops brand, the Financial Times reported. ()
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this