BofA-Merrill upgrades ONGC, Oil India to 'buy'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgraded its ratings on state-run producers Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) (ONGC.NS) and Oil India Ltd to "buy" from "neutral", citing the prospect of an "imminent" hikes in state-administered gas prices.
The oil ministry will soon send recommendations on a hike in gas prices to the cabinet for consideration, a ministry source told Reuters on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- INSIGHT - As Islamic State fighters begin to blend in, defeating them no easy matter
- RBI rule handicaps India's infrastructure hopes
- Japan aims to double India investment in 5 years - Nikkei
- Family of seriously ill Joan Rivers 'keeping fingers crossed' -daughter
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data. Read