India's ONGC shares gain on hopes of hike in gas prices
MUMBAI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Shares in state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd rose 3.4 percent in pre-open trading on Thursday as the oil ministry is expected to soon recommend a revision in local gas prices.
The oil ministry will soon send the recommendations to the cabinet for consideration, a ministry source told Reuters on Wednesday. (Reporting by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Evidence so far does not point to attack on Malaysian plane - sources
- Allianz lead insurer and Willis broker for Malaysia Airlines
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article