China to grow 7-8 percent for some time - cbank official
DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - China's economy will likely grow at 7-8 percent for the foreseeable future, helped by continued urbanisation, a senior official said on Friday.
People's Bank of China Deputy Governor Yi Gang gave the forecast during the World Economic Forum in Davos.
China's economy grew 7.8 percent in 2012, the slowest in 13 years.
(Reporting by Kelvin Loh. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article