China to grow 7-8 percent for some time - cbank official
DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - China's economy will likely grow at 7-8 percent for the foreseeable future, helped by continued urbanisation, a senior official said on Friday.
People's Bank of China Deputy Governor Yi Gang gave the forecast during the World Economic Forum in Davos.
China's economy grew 7.8 percent in 2012, the slowest in 13 years.
(Reporting by Kelvin Loh. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world