The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
China to grow 7-8 percent for some time - cbank official
DAVOS, Switzerland |
DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - China's economy will likely grow at 7-8 percent for the foreseeable future, helped by continued urbanisation, a senior official said on Friday.
People's Bank of China Deputy Governor Yi Gang gave the forecast during the World Economic Forum in Davos.
China's economy grew 7.8 percent in 2012, the slowest in 13 years.
(Reporting by Kelvin Loh. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this